Easy to make and family-friendly!
These little energy bites are really easy to make, and family-friendly! Get the kids involved in making them and even if they don’t like almonds, they will like them in this form!
How to make:
- Place 2 cups of rolled oats in a food processor and pulverise. This turns the oats into oat-flour.
- Add 450g of almond butter and 1/3 cup of coconut nectar to the food processor, and blend until the mixture comes together. If it’s too thick, consider adding a touch more of your wet ingredients or a little bit of water.
- Roll the dough into bite-sized balls and store them in the fridge.
– Try adding protein powder, flax or chia seeds for a nutritional boost.
– Optionally add a few chocolate chips like I did!
– Once chilled, you could dip them in melted chocolate for a healthier truffle!
- Makes 24 energy bites
- Approximately 98 calories each
I’d love to see your creations – why don’t you share them on the Facebook Page or post a reply below.