Healthy AND Delicious!
A guilt-free ‘ice-cream’ is something you’ve been missing . . !! If you haven’t tried this recipe, you’re in for a treat – it tastes just like ice-cream, and you can add as many flavour variations as you can dream up!! So super-simple to make and ready in a flash!
How to make:
- Chop and freeze at least 2 bananas. They will need to be frozen for this to work. Whenever my bananas start turning brown I just cut them up and throw them in the freezer so that I always have some ready to make this.
- Once frozen, place 2 chopped bananas into your food processor (or a powerful blender or Yonana!), and blend until smooth. You may have to blend and open your processor a few times to stir. Feel free to add a little water or almond milk to help the bananas blend faster, but as they melt a little they will eventually blend without adding anything.
- Add 2 TBSPs of peanut butter and 1 TBSP of cocoa powder, and mix well.
- Serve and eat immediately.
– The recipe possibilities for this are endless!! You can eat just the bananas on their own, or you can add as many flavour-variations as you like! Consider things like almond butter, mint extract with chocolate chips to make mint choc chip, raspberries, mango, etc . . . Be careful not to add too many ‘unhealthy’ ingredients though otherwise it will defeat the object and you may as well have some normal ice-cream!
– When you first mix the ice cream, it will be more of a soft serve consistency. If you like a firmer ice cream, then place it in the freezer for a few hours after blending.
– Double, triple or quadruple the recipe for as many people as you need it for.
- Makes 2 servings of ‘ice-cream’
- Approximately 213 calories each bowl
I’d love to see your creations – why don’t you share them on the Facebook Page or post a reply below.