These are delicious . . .
You may remember a similar flour-less pancake recipe I told you about before (hard to believe that a banana and eggs can whip up some pretty tasty pancakes), but I especially like adding some protein powder for the extra boost and flavour – you can also substitute the protein powder for cocoa (or cacao powder that is even better for you!) powder if you prefer.
How to make:
- Peel and mash the banana in a bowl, add the eggs and Protein Powder (or Cacao powder ) and thoroughly whisk together (you can use a blender or food processor for a smoother mixture).
- Set your frying pan to a low to medium setting, and add a small amount of Coconut Oil.
- Scoop or pour the batter onto your frying pan – make sure they aren’t too big as these types of pancakes tend to fall apart quite easily, so the smaller you make them, the easier they are to flip.
- Cook until golden (about 2 minutes), then flip and cook the other side.
- You can really experiment with different flavours and fillings with these – try adding a dash of cinnamon, or some chocolate chips or raisins, or anything else you have in your cupboards!
- You could puree some raspberries or blueberries to make a syrup to go with these!
- The riper your bananas, the sweeter your pancakes will be – if they are under-ripe, they won’t blend well.
- Makes 10 small pancakes
- Approximately 29 calories each
I’d love to see your creations – why don’t you share them on the Facebook Page or post a reply below.