A healthy alternative to chocolate . . .
This recipe is sooooo easy to make and tastes delicious . . . if you’ve ever made chocolate bark, you’ll know how easy this recipe is, but it’s much healthier than chocolate bark as it has less calories and is lower in sugar. A delicious summertime snack to satisfy a sweet-tooth – and you can have it for breakfast too!
How to make:
- Line a small baking tray with or plate with parchment paper or foil.
- Place about 2 cups of Greek yogurt in the middle of the tray and spread it out evenly with a spatula until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Sprinkle evenly 1 cup of chopped strawberries and a handful of mini dark-chocolate chips.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours. Once frozen, use a large knife to break it apart and store in a freezer bag.
- You can use any flavour of yogurt you like – I recommend a full-fat version as the low-fat ones usually have added sweeteners, plus it freezes better!
- Top with any fillings you like – dried fruit, raisins, raspberries, chopped nuts, granola, coconut, a drizzle of honey – the possibilities are endless!
- It’s better if the fruit is finely chopped so it’s easier to eat.
- If you prefer the yogurt sweeter, try mixing in a few tablespoons of honey or maple syrup before you spread it out on the tray.
- Approximately 212 calories the whole lot!
I’d love to see your creations – why don’t you share them on the Facebook Page or post a reply below.