A Healthy Treat . . .
Yep! Just a cup of oats and a few ripe bananas . . . These are the healthiest cookies EVER!! Healthy, and they satisfy that a craving for a sweet treat!
How to make:
- Peel and mash two ripe bananas in a bowl, and then mix in one cup of quick oats and a handful of raisins (I used chocolate chips!), don’t add too many raisins or the cookies will fall apart.
- Place about 16 small scoops of mixture on a non-stick baking sheet brushed with a thin layer of Coconut Oil.
- Bake at 1800C for 10-15 minutes – keep an eye on them as oven temperatures can vary.
– You can really experiment with different fillings with these – try adding a dash of cinnamon, some chopped nuts or some chocolate chips like I did.
– You can experiment with different combinations of various dried fruit and chocolate chips, or add some different flavours like vanilla!
– Make sure you don’t add too many fillings or the cookies won’t stick together.
– Because the size of bananas vary, add some more oats if the mixture is too runny.
– Kids love these – they are great for lunch-boxes or after-school treats.
- Makes 16 cookies
- Approximately 38 calories each
I’d love to see your creations – why don’t you share them on the Facebook Page or post a reply below.