Yum, yum in my tum . . !
A quick no-bake treat . . . My kids absolutely love these!! You can eat these guilt-free – there is a bit of sugar in the form of honey, which pushes the calories count up a bit, but they are full of protein and fibre, and are much better for you than any shop-bought oaty treat.
How to make:
- Line a 9×9 pan with foil and brush with a light coating of Coconut Oil.
- Melt the honey and peanut butter together in a pan over the stove until it’s smooth enough to mix with the oats.
- Combine the mixture with the oats (start off with 2 cups and slowly add the rest as you may need less depending on your peanut butter and honey brand), and then mix well.
- Pour it into your prepared pan, and then store it in the fridge for a few hours until it’s set enough to cut into squares. You can store them in the fridge to keep them firm, or leave them out if you like them soft and sticky.
– You can try substituting oats for different types of oats or other similar cereals
– Try mixing in other things like peanuts, raisins, mini chocolate chips, etc.
- Makes 16 oat squares
- Approximately 149 calories each square
I’d love to see your creations – why don’t you share them on the Facebook Page or post a reply below.